Toyota Motors Corporation is the second largest automobile manufacturer and seventh largest company in the world. It is a Japanese brand. It was founded by Kiichiro Toyoda in 1937. The brand is owned by Toyota Kirloskar Motors in India which is a joint venture between Toyota Motors from Japan and India’s Kirloskar Motors where Toyota Motors holds 89 percent equity of the company and Kirloskar group owns the remaining 11 percent. Toyota Kirloskar Motors entered the Indian market in October 1997 by introducing Toyota Qualis a passenger oriented car segment. It has sustained considerable growth in the Indian auto market.
The manufacturing plants of this brand are in 28 countries around the world. Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited has a plant at Bangalore, Karnataka. The plant has a capacity of 80,000 vehicles per year. TKMPL invested Rs 3,200 Crores in building a second manufacturing plant in Bangalore, near its existing plant to manufacture its new car Etios as well as existing models. The new plant will have an initial capacity of 70,000 vehicles per year which will be increased to 200,000 vehicles per year depending upon the market demand. Its brand of product models includes sedans like Toyota Corolla, Corolla Altis, Camry and SUVs Innova and Land Cruiser Prado. It recently launched Toyota Fortuner which has received 10 times more bookings than all the other SUVs in India. All the brands of Toyota are available in with petrol and diesel engine options.
Toyota entered Indian market by introducing Toyota Qualis, which was a super hit car on Indian roads .It was the best selling car of Toyota in Indian market at that period. Toyota became a trustworthy car manufacturer to Indian customers. Toyota engines and performance is still unmatched in its segments and well suits to Indian roads and customers. It’s models like Innova, and Corolla are selling like hot cakes in Indian market.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has registered a growth of 26% in sales in August 2010 compared to the same period last 2009. It sold 6361 units in August 2010 against 5045 units in August 2009. A growth of 62% has been recorded for the period January to August 2010, over the same period last year.
Toyota Future Plans in India:
Toyota plans to launch Toyota Avanza 2WD in June2011, after the grand success of Toyota Innova in Indian market. It is planning to do it again with the all new Avanza 2WD. Toyota plans to release it in both versions (petrol and diesel).The new Avanza 2WD shares few common features with Toyota Innova. Toyota also plans to launch its new product ‘Toyota Etios’ in the upcoming years.
Toyota Dealers in India
http://www.galaxytoyota.com New Delhi
Address: 69/1A, Najafgarh Road,Moti Nagar Crossing
http://www.uttamtoyota.com New Delhi
Address: 95, F I E, Patparganj, Industrial Area
Toyota Dealer in Mumbai
Address: 504, Link Road,Chicholi Bunder,Malad (West)
Phone: 91-22-6781-7777/ 7744
Address: Arpanna Motors P. Ltd., 'SREE KEDARNATH',Opp. Gokul Anand Hotel Overipada,Western Express Highway, Dahisar - East
Address: 35, Dr. E Moses Road,Worli Naka
Toyota Etios Dealer in Chennai
Address: LANSON CARS Pvt Ltd,Survey no: 57 / 3 A 1 200 Feet M.M.R.D,(THORAIPAKKAM PALLAVARAM ROAD), PALLIKARANAI
Address: 34, Ponnamallee High Road,Koyambedu
Address: Lanson Cars Pvt Ltd,No 5, Cenotaph Road,Teynampett
Toyota Etios Dealer in Hyderabad -
Address: B-4, I D A,Uppal
Address: D No 2-40/5,Kothaguda,Near Hi-Tech City